スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

The Stolen White Elephant

The 'agreement' cost me one hundred thousand dollars; my detective expenses were forty-two thousand dollars more. I lost my job. I am a ruined man and a wanderer on the earth. But I still admire that man, the greatest detective in the world. And I will admire him until the day I die. (p.56)

This is the story of a royal white elephant. The elephant is on its way from Siam to England as a gift to the Queen. When it disappears in New York City the famous detective, Chief Inspector Blunt, leads the investigation. However finding a missing elephant is a much more dificult job than it seems.

I read this book, "The Stolen White Elephant." This was written by Mark Twain. He wrote The Adventure of Tom Sawyer. I have read it before, but this, "The Stolen White Elephant", I read for the first time. It is very interesting story, so I want you to read this.

ソース画像を表示

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

My Tuesday ;)

I went to a cafe with my friend after school recently. My friend and I talked about a recent event in our school, our friends, and our high school days. We talked for a long time, so I went home a little later than usual, but I had a very good time. I think we were so noisy because we laughed out loud there. We might cause people in a cafe a lot of trouble, so I am sorry about this. We will meet next Tuesday, then we will quiet...

Bread and jam for Frances

Frances sang a little sad song: What I am Is tired of jam. (p.39) Frances is a fussy eater. She won't touch her soft-boiled egg. She trades away her sandwich at lunch. All she eats is bread and jam! But in the end of story, she is tired of jam. Although I like jam too, I will be tired if I eat it everyday. The scene where Frances cried because she didn't want to eat jam was very moving. It was easy for me to read it and this picture was very cute. So I want you to read it. I recommend that everyone read this book. Russell Hoban. (2008). Bread and jam for Frances . New York.

Stay with my friend

Today, I'm going to talk about my weekend. I stayed with my friend's new house. She and I are from the same hometown and went to our scool with her until quite recently, but she moved to Kumamoto city near our scool, so I could not go together. I went to her house for the first time. I took chopstick rests to her because she told me that she wanted them. Her room is very clean. I ate foods made by her, and it's very delicious. I had a nice time!